Sunday, February 8, 2009

I donated blooddahh..

Okay, I must make a big deal out of this because I finally get to donate blood! hee hee hee hee hee...

Around 3 weeks ago I went to Metrotabernacle, and they had blood donation drive over there. So, since I had not donated blood before, I thought of giving it a try. After filling up the forms, excitedly, I passed it up....and I failed the first test. My weight. 1 more kg to be eligible!

Disappointed, I went back home, determined to gain another kg... but I lost another. So, I had to gain 2 kgs! CNY came and gone.

Today, I went to CHC, and they, too, had blood donation drive! So, I filled up the forms, hoping that my weight will be 45kg. Lined up, waited for more than 3 hours, and... I qualified! SO HAPPY! I sang song the whole time while donating blood. lol

BUT, the nurse told me that this would be my first and last time. She said I'm not a suitable donor since I have tiny veins and my blood flows really slow.. (Jie, can explain?). I had to squeeze extra harder that huge pink thing which made my hand cramp after that..tiring. Well, at least I've tried donating!

11 comments:

Tiffanie Tan said...

Yeah, maybe because when your blood flows too lembab, so susah your blood mau travel to ur brain and heart, so if kurang then lagi lah susah, then u jatuh pengsan bla bla bla. i think like that la. i go find out then tell u. Low pressure lor u have. so donate more lagi low lor.

u know asvin is my weight now? damn. i look so fat next to her. I bertekad to lose to 45 now! not below 45.

NewMe said...

lil girl's dream came true eh.lol.FINALLY 45kg. *shakes head* :p

pb said...

tiff: yeah, i read ur blog.. and asvin really looked thin! bertekad la.. but dun until u neglet ur health..

numi: haha.. not finally 45 kg.. dunno y i lost weight last month. =/

Tiffanie Tan said...

wont want. tiffanie where can dont eat wan. but of course i'll eat healthly la...makan sayur dan buah..

Daphne said...

wuuuuuf! (btw not the sound of a barking puppy hee) aaa..needle poking thru ur skin n u sang song all the way? waaa, salute!

I'll b praying the whole time instead of singing like u! hehe

pb said...

tiff: at least gt enough nutriens la.. haha.. but ure the nurse, u knw bout health better than me eheh

daph: lol, actually, the poking no feel wan. i sang cz i was so bored..took so long for my blood to fill up the pack.. and i was happy! i think ppl around me thought i was weird to dance around when i saw 45 kg on the weighing machine..=P

Tiffanie Tan said...

of course la adik. i know what i'm doing wan. at least my hb not so low, i can kurang makan. if low then i cannot go on a diet lor. so now i can heheheheh!

pb said...

haha.. hopefully jadi la.. haha.. if u need me to support, i can... supervise u like crazy make sure u dun simple eat

MarcusDS said...

haha..itz the 1st time in my life ive heard a girl say "I NEED PUT ON THEM KILOS"..well, in a not so crude way..hahaha..PB arh..when put on itz hard to put off k?!haha..dun show off that u have the LICENSE to put on to ppl who are TRYING to put off..UNDERSTIEND??!!haha..

pb said...

haha.. marcus jealous kah? haha.. i just want the 45 kg thats all.. hahaha.. cannot exceed! if nt overweight liaoo then teruk..

Christopher said...

hey pheebs.. hmm .. another reason why .. would be the thin blod vessels.. that may not equate to high blood pressure but perhaps just small veins..one way that the nurses once taught me was to use my arms more.. cause then would force more blood there.. enlarging blood vessels in general..